Life After 50
Skip to content
1.Introduction – I want to change my life
2. How can I live with less money? What about hostels etc?
3. How will I fill my time? Will I need to work? Change my life.
4. Where could I go and what would I do? How to change my lifestyle.
5. What will ‘home’ be like if I change my lifestyle?
6. How much money will I need? Can I be cost neutral or earn subsistence?
7. What can I do? One possible option to change my life after 50.
8. If I change my life can I manage without my friends?
9. Change my life. What else can I do?
10. Clear out the house / clear out my life
11. Can I leave my career? Can I use these skills elsewhere?
12. How will I tell the family I’m changing my life? How will they react?
13. Getting started on the plan for a new life.
14. How can I leave my comfort zone and this culture?
15. What do I need to do before I go?
16. How will I manage my health as I get older?
17. What will happen to the garden?
18. Can I take this leap of faith?
19. Will I be able to get rid of all my ‘stuff’?
20. What is a TEFL course like?
21. What is the cookery course like?
22. What legal bits do I need to arrange before we go?
23. What clothes will I need to take with me or keep for future adventures?
24. How will I spend my down time?
25. How will I manage in such different environments?
26. What I won’t miss!
Final chapter. Secrets and ties – evaluate your life
Alpe d’Huez 2014/15
Alpe d’Huez 2015/16
Uluru & Alice Springs
Alpe d’Huez 2016/17
Roger clearing all the needles from the cabin roof
Even the loo roll holders are styled
Living area, note hide covered wardrobe!
Rest of living room and ‘my’ chair plus Sammy’s abandoned bed
Bathroom luxury! One extreme to the other
View from our bedhead, note hide-covered drawer fronts, bit of a theme
Our mountainous bed with gun locker to side! (amo in the drawer) Note hide covered bedside table
The pre-border area!
The border at the bottom of the road from the gate
Dunner and Rocker
With Gaylene and Arnaud
Locota having a paddy
Its a hard life!
Hope you can see improvement
Roger with the indigenous population
Our cabin in the yard
Looking towards the bottom end
Log house pond
Meg and Angel’s paddock
Loo with a view! Very strange!
Comments are closed.
36. Winter, spring and back again
April 11, 2019
35. Snow mobile outing
April 5, 2019
34. Not Long Now
March 30, 2019
33. Another Grand Day Off
March 22, 2019
32. Ups and downs
March 20, 2019
Where we’ve been ….
Where we’ve been ….
Alpe d’Huez (155)
Uluru & Alice Springs (4)
Changing Direction (18)
Cornbury 2018 (9)
Random Travels (4)